Okay, so I stole Sally Field’s line, but I’m truly honored to receive the Versatile Blogger Award from author, Christoph Fisher, whom I had the pleasure of interviewing. If you missed it, you can still read it here.
For me, the most rewarding thing about blog awards is learning more about the person who nominated me. I rarely participate in these memes myself. If you want to know why, read my article from Nov. 2011, a year after I set up my blog.
In re-reading that post, I realized I had received this award before, so I thought I should finally participate. It’s great to be recognized by a peer, and versatility is something I value in blogs, but even more so in people.
Given that, don’t forget to find out why Christoph received his award.
* * * *
As part of this award, I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself, then nominate fifteen other bloggers whom I think deserve this award.
They in turn, will keep this meme going (if they so wish), and we all get to discover some wonderful and versatile bloggers. So, here goes, and hope you enjoy
* * * *
1) I had my ears pierced at five by my aunt. She rubbed ginger root on my lobes and stuck a needle through them that had been heated over a burner. I don’t remember it hurting but I cried anyway. Here I am modeling my first pair of earrings. Please ignore the outfit.
2) I do not own a cell phone and have no intention of getting one. I never want to be that accessible, nor do I want to look like this guy.
3) My laptop is with me almost all the time, and I’m one of those obnoxious MAC users. You know who you are.
4) I’m an online Scrabble freak with about 20 games on the go at any given time. I play with friends, strangers, enemies. I’m also extremely competitive, so don’t expect to win.
5) I’m a strong advocate for sexual diversity and since 2011, have been a judge for the Feminist Porn Awards. It’s an incredible event sponsored by Good for Her, which supports the LGBTQ community in Toronto.
6) I still have all 130 of my 45s in pristine condition (numbered and dated of course). If you’re too young to know what a 45 is, then you probably won’t know what this is either.
7) I took two years of classes for a Conservative Jewish conversion. At one time, I could read Hebrew and recite many of the prayers. In the end, I went through three rabbis who would not convert me … but that’s a story for another blog.
And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for! Drum roll please …
I bequeath the honors to these fifteen bloggers, whom I have great respect for. It wasn’t easy to narrow down to only 15, but here goes …
* * * *
thedailygrime ~ Writer of funny, witty, and newsworthy posts
John Dolan ~ English author living in Thailand, polymath, smartypants
Nicole Chardenet ~ American author turned crazy Canuck author
Billy Ray Chitwood ~ Prolific author and poet who tells beautiful stories
Lisette Brodey ~ Author of multiple genres and terrific interviewer
Jamie White ~ Author, blogger, photo geek, editor
William Kendall ~ Writer, rogue, and scoundrel
Ned Hickson ~ Author and journalist of humor and writerly advice
Junying Kirk ~ Traveller, author, foodie, videographer
Sharkbait Writes ~ Author of multiple genres and gamer, Rob Pruneda
Justin Bog ~ Author, storyteller, pop culture connoisseur
ThrillWriting ~ Excellent resource for writers from author, Fiona Quinn
L.M. Stull ~ Poet, author, reader, runner, and so much more
Majk Ink ~ Author, school nerd and techno genius
Bloody Munchkin ~ Creative writer and advocate of worthy causes
* * * *